Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I love how my computer has things on it that are older than itself


Today I was looking for a song in the folder where I keep my music and I found this oldie but goodie. It is from the most comical train announcement I have ever heard in my life (except "blah blah blah blah football hooligans blah") and I got to hear it at least twice a day when I lived in Luxembourg. Basically it just says that if you need to get to this little city called Dudelange or Didiling (sp?) in German, where there apperently is a factory (usine(fr) or schmelz(de)) you must get a new ticket because you must change trains. I guess what gets me every time I hear it is how he says Didiling schmelz. I seriously just kills me. OH the joys of monolinguality.

Click below to listen for yourself




If you want to know more about the factory follow the link in this picture

1 comment:

Ryan said...

"Trasendah arishdun Dideleng Smelz sie gebierden Umshesteiche. Les voyageurs en direction de Dudelange-Usines sont priƩs de changer de train."

My 2nd host family (the one Adam lived with in Howald) made me 'perform' my one Luxembourgish phrase for company...

I wish I could spell in Letzeburgesch...